Massachusetts

mardler
Site Admin

Massachusetts

Post by mardler »

I received the following from another Paul Howes in Boston, Mass. and am reproducing it here with his permission.
===================================
Hi Paul and Howes relatives in England,

Paul Arthur Howes here from Boston, Massachusetts, 02128.

My father Robert Clark Howes is the seventh child from his parents and I am the seventh child of my parents. Am interested to know if this makes me the "Seventh Son of the Seventh Son". Does it have to be seven sons and again seven sons or seventh child? phowes7@yahoo.com

I'm the 11th generation of Thomas Howes who sailed to Cape Cod, Massachusetts in 1637. Am adding an interesting web site to check out about the family heritage from this time. There are also some very interesting books that have been published and up for purchase that I recommend. Robert Arthur Howes has done extensive ( spent over 40 years preparing) research of genealogy about "Howes Genealogy, 1637-2004" is a must have. This genealogy is constantly being updated here in the states. Information for purchase can be found on website: www.dennishistsoc.org/DHSbooks/ <http://www.dennishistsoc.org/DHSbooks/> <http://www.dennishistsoc.org/DHSbooks/> This is the Dennis Historical Society, P.O. Box 607, South Dennis, MA 02660-0607.
There is also a " Howes Family Newsletter" published by the "Howes Family Association" which welcomes anyone who is interested in people connected with the surname of Howes. Many , but not all, are descendants of the Thomas Howes who came to Plymouth Colony in 1637. History, news, biography, photos etc. From this side of the pond. Contact: Nancy Howes, P.O. Box 904, Dennis, MA 02638. e-mail: nanrich@verizon.net

From across the "Pond",
Paul Arthur Howes (September 14, 1947)
350 Meridian Street apartment 408
East Boston, MA 02128
phowes7@yahoo.com
617-569-3652
cuzal

Re: Massachusetts

Post by cuzal »

The HowesFamilyAssociation reunion will be held in July of 2016 in Ashfield, MA-checkup-onFacebook;HFA-HowesFamilyAssociationHowes Family oldnews has a big Reunion2010 coming up and you can participate.
The Witch City of Salem, MA 'Where It All Began' in 1637. When Thomas & Mary (Burr) arrived with three sons. They left England with two sons! Here is opportunity to live your HOWES history.
Location: Ancient Order of Hibernians, (AOH), 104 Boston St., Salem 01970 (google)
Fri. - Registration with pizza and cash bar.
Sat. 8 AM - 10 AM Registration & Display Tables. 10 -12PM Networking with your "Cousins" everyone will have a 60 second self introduction, Events & Speakers & Presentations
Box Lunch Available - Tour Salem on trolley til 6 PM
6:30 - 8 PM Buffet Turkey Dinner -
8:30 - Short Howes Family Association Business Meeting.
Congregate til 10 PM
Sun. Brunch 9 or 10 AM to close at 11 or 12PM. Meet and greet and close down display tables. What do you have to display or talk about in your family (keep it clean :)
Registration forms will be e-mailed and in February Newsletter.
Contact Susan Ashton to get registration and more info > M1beads6@aol.com
Join the HFA for $12 a year! - contact Nancy Howes, nanrich@verizon.net
Make It A Great Day, Cuz Al
Last edited by cuzal on June 15th, 2015, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
phowes7@yahoo.com

Post by phowes7@yahoo.com »

Thanks Al. Got your email also and am going to try to make it.

Paul Arthur Howes
mardler
Site Admin

Post by mardler »

Al, would you like to edit your mail and add the actual date, or put it in bold red CAPS?
It might be there, but I didn't see it!
Paul
phowes7@yahoo.com

Post by phowes7@yahoo.com »

With over 1,000 reading this site I am curious why there are no posts or interests as to the Massachusetts Howes?

Paul A. Howes
mardler
Site Admin

Post by mardler »

Sorry for not spotting your post until just now, Paul.
Since I live in Florida, I can't answer your question directly! Could be that people are using Facebook more to interact these days. Try www.facebook.com/groups/HowesFamily/
Regards
Paul